Hey y'all. I'm new to this forum, but some of ya may know me from other gun forums. I just picked up a new Savage 10-FLCP-K in 308. I'm looking forward to getting it out to the range and giving it a run. This will be my second Savage rifle. My first was a 110 in 30.06 also a left handed bolt. In fact that gun is the reason I bought this one. I bought the 110 about 33 years ago from a friend of mine that carried it in a scabbard on a snowmobile while he lived in Alaska. When I got it the scope mounts were broken off from a collision with a tree while carried in the snowmobile scabbard. The stock was discolored from exposure to exhaust fumes and water. The receiver was rusty, especially below the frame line. I gave him $20 for the gun because he was broke and needed cash. I took the gun to my shop and cleaned it up, refinished the stock, removed the broken scope mounts, and striped the rust off the receiver. A little cold blue and some Tru-oil finish and that old 30.06 was ready to shoot. I was not expecting any great performance from that gun, in fact I was wondering if it would even hit the paper at 100 yards. Set up with iron sights I headed out to the range and much to my amazement that old 110 put 3 180 grain rounds in a group all touching each other. I still have that gun and it will still shoot with the same accuracy. It's ugly, but it's a shooter.

I belong to a local gun club that is adding a 500 yard range next year. I though this might be the time to step up to something newer and see if I can still hit the target! It looks like a beautiful gun. Once the ranges dry out enough to be able to get a target up without the use of a boat, (lots of rain lately) I'll be giving her a run to see how we both do!