For Benchrest and F-Class I don't think it has much to do with action, unless your one of the guys trying to shoot all your shots in under 10 secs to try and beat a wind change. The Savage action may not fit ones style of shooting in that case, but I believe the Savage actions are very capable in these facets!

I know I've spoken towards my issues with Savages design concerning feeding, cycling, and ejection/extraction issues, but I only relate those issues to the type of shooting I primarily compete in. And I'll repeat again accuracy has never been an issue! However, confidence in ones gear is a primary driver on what a shooter is capable of and if you aren't confident in it, you won't run it to it's full potential because you'll always fall back on the fact that there was something wrong with your gear.

This is the psychological side of competition. Build your rig with parts you'll have full trust and confidence in. Obviously, Fred had confidence in the rifles he took to the competition he linked to in his post as he did very well. I've shot a lot of matches and I've had days where I make 80-100% of the shots in the match and days where I've only hit 50-70% most of the time for tactical matches 80% or better of the total points available is good enough for a win.

Run the Savage Action. If it's built buy Fred for BR competition it will do exactly what you need it too. After that it's all up to you!