Thread: Savage Axis II XP 6.5 Creedmoor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Styledogg

Savage Axis II XP 6.5 Creedmoor

I picked up the rifle ( Kryptek Highlander stock) and decided to add a muzzle brake before I take it out and break it in, Then stretch it out up to 1000y. It came with a Bushnell 4-12x40mm I hope to get a vortex soon as well and a 10 round magazine. Hopefully I will have some pics or video.

Basic Member
    Sounds sweet

Basic Member
    Looking forward to it keep us updated.

Styledogg
    rodger!

Styledogg
    see below

Styledogg
    my rifle came back and they installed and timed the muzzle break. this forum wont let me upload file unless I use another site to url pictures from. Its supposed to snow this weekend so I may not get out. however I downloaded my ballistic data and I may try to zero at 100 and see how far I can stretch it out or zero at 200 and go from that point to distance. Anyhow I may get a bell and carlson stock this fall. I sent them an email inquiring about this model and if it will fit their chassis/stocks. Has anyone contacted savage about buying a different stock? I will send an email here too.

Styledogg
    [IMG][/IMG]

Team Savage
    Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! need a range report now

Basic Member
    any problems loading or extracting with this model?

Basic Member
    Wow nice gun. This is the one I want to buy ? How long of barrel? Need range report. Thanks. Martyd

Styledogg
    this past monday I got a new stock from savage and it was night and day on the fitment. no rub or stock lean on the forend area- it passed the "dollar gauge". Range report would be the muzzle brake is doing a great job with barrel hop and recoil, making it very comfortable to shoot. As for my groups, let's just say the oem "package" I purchased ( thats with a bushnell 4-12x24 scope and commercial rings) didn't help any by coming loose after 10 rounds. So now I am waiting on back order for better scope and rings. Like I said it's a smooth shooting rifle and can't wait to go back out after I did a trigger adjustment and now with new stock. It wasnt sunny at the time but my first go I was just chasing the reticle around the paper and had me rethinking why I loved shooting? hahaha Also awaiting MDT to have a the HS3 chassis ready for our model of rifle.