I feel like I'm losing my mind with my 6.5 Creedmoor project. My Apache barrel showed up yesterday () and I got all set up to install it:

I took the extractor and ejector out of the bolt and slipped my PTG Go Gage in like I've always done before.
I closed the bolt and spun the barrel in until it hit the gage, tightened down the barrel nut, and then pulled the go gage out and slipped the PTG no-go gage in.
And the bolt closed completely with no resistance.

I took everything back apart and wiped the gages off and cleaned the chamber and bolt face and everything I could think of and set it up again. Same result.

So I started experimenting. I put the no-go gage in the chamber and screwed in the barrel until it hit, tightened down the barrel nut, then pulled out the no-go gage and slipped the go gage in. The bolt wouldn't even start to close on the go gage.

I pulled both of the gages and put the calipers on them. The no-go gage is slightly longer than the go gage, just as I would expect. I dropped both gages into the chamber to compare and it is visibly obvious that the no-go gage sits further into the chamber than the go-gage.

I have a spare ER Shaw barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor so I dropped the gages into it's chamber to make sure I wasn't crazy and I got the same result. The no-go gage goes further into the chamber than the go gage.

I have concluded that at least one of my gages is flawed. I've never had a gage problem before. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem before?