Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: savage 10t no good

Basic Member

Will do.. thanks

Basic Member
    This is a common issue, and I have seen it with two Savage 10's. Bar stock gets bent sometimes, and that's what barrels are made from. Rifle retailers don't replace, but Savage is excellent to work with, and when you get your rifle back, it is a proven tack-driver. The seller could only assume responsibility for the accuracy if he shot each rifle and verified it's accuracy. If the seller shoots the rifle, it cannot be sold as "new" any longer. That's a trade-off. Attitude has a lot to do with it, though, and I agree that counter personnel who assume the customer is a doofus should remediate on their 'tude training. It also would be in Cabela's best interest to just pony up with some comps.
    Last edited by jim_k; 03-23-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Good info Jim K. Thanks

Basic Member
    Mine seems to be fine so far. 2-3moa with cheap ZQI ammo but expecting much better with quality ammo. Will do a once over on the gun after reading this.

cwop
    My 2c with Cabelas years ago I purchased an Alaska tent expensive even then. It came with a life time warranty I am having zipper problems guess what? Their lifetime warranty is not as listed but some excuse as to the expected life of the tent. The tent is in perfect condition just zipper problems. They will not backup their warranty!

greyghost
    I bought a safe from cabelas it was a drop ship item from manufacture, They charged my card but could not give me delivery date as it was being shipped from manufacture, I called manufacture and they told me they were out and not making that model, Cabelas insisted I bought a legitimate safe and it would be delivered, It took a month of ME dealing with the manufacture not cabelas, They never returned calls, They took no initiative what so ever to handle the matter, The manufacture finally found one in a warehouse and shipped it. Try explaining to your wife you spent 1500.00 on a safe that may not exist and nobody wants to help you at all, And no your not sure if or when it may show up, Savage will take care of you, And you have a better understanding of how cabelas works!!

Basic Member
    A few of you guys have taken the initial issue of a guy having problems with a firearm he purchased, into a customer service issue that I don't believe Cabelas has responsibility for. You purchase a drop ship item that the manufacture says they have, and you are mad at Cabelas because the manufacture does not have. Funny stuff.. Go shop at Bass and see how that works for you.

Imo, if you're making money off a product then it is your responsibility to ensure that a serviceable product is provided. It matters not if you built it. You're selling it, that puts you on the hook. Replace it, then YOU deal with the maker over faulty product. Don't matter if it's a toaster, gun, car, whatever. Do you deal with Chevy? Or do you go to the dealer?

Basic Member
    Exactly! Its the retailers responsibility to sell quality products, if that doesn't happen then the retailer will suffer. Cabelas imo should make it right. I have the same gun and it shoots great! Hopefully yours will to soon

I don't have a doubt that savage will fix it and will most likely be very timely about it.
    I most likely would have contacted savage directly as well, because I figure I would get MUCH better customer service and satisfaction knowing somethings being done. Not because I think cabelas has no responsibility in this, I just don't think they would give a **** about it, which apparently they didn't.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talltimber View Post
    Imo, if you're making money off a product then it is your responsibility to ensure that a serviceable product is provided. It matters not if you built it. You're selling it, that puts you on the hook. Replace it, then YOU deal with the maker over faulty product. Don't matter if it's a toaster, gun, car, whatever. Do you deal with Chevy? Or do you go to the dealer?
    The auto makers certify their dealers to do warranty work. Gun manufacturers cannot do that, since there are too many sellers for such small manufacturing companies to keep track of, and to make contracts with. The warranty repair work is retained in the manufacturing company, since there are not enough trained gunsmiths in the hinterlands. This is all a legal necessity, but the good gun manufacturers take care of their customers. Also, you can box up a rifle and mail it back. Not so your car. I still say that the retailers could be more active in customer assistance. When I've had this happen, they just said, "You need to mail it back to X manufacturer." At least they let me have a shipping box from their cardboard pile.

Basic Member
    Cabelas is basically worthless when it comes to helping customers IMHO. As stated already, best to contact savage. Let them advise you what to do.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    Rondogg.. do you work for Cabelas?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 87tpita View Post
    Rondogg.. do you work for Cabelas?
    No I do not. But I am employed by a business that does sell firearms. As Jim K stated, there are legal responsibilties that retailers do not want to step into when selling a firearm and the customer does not like it. All I said was I don't see why Cabelas should give you compensation. I said, send it back to Savage and they will fix it, as they did mine. Then some readers jumped on the Cabelas customer service sucks wagon and none of them involved a firearm purchase. I agree with customers that purchase items other than firearms be taken back to Cabelas or from where they purchased it and resolve it.

Basic Member
    The 308 came back to Cabela's yesterday and i picked it up today.. im very excited to throw some lead.. will update as soon as time allows

Basic Member
    You didn't say, but I bet they sent the target they shot with it before it left their facility. I'm putting my money on your rifle being one of the best you own.

Basic Member
    They did not... but from other savages i have shot.. there is no doubt she will be a tack driver.

Basic Member
    The 308 came back to Cabela's yesterday and i picked it up today.. im very excited to throw some lead.. will update as soon as time allows
    Did you see the repair ticket for what was actually done to fix it?

Basic Member
    No... savage just stated they replaced the barrel when i contacted them

Basic Member
    Interesting……..when my 12FV came back from repair (two times) there was a document detailing what was done included in the box with the rifle.

Basic Member
    No... savage just stated they replaced the barrel when i contacted them
    They should have included the document but at least you know what they did. Curious how your next range trip goes so post the results.

Basic Member
    So here we go again.... Cabela's had this rifle advertised as being qualified for the $100 savage rebate.... turns out they falsly and mistakenly posted it according to savage there 10t is not a qualified rifle.. so i just spent a fantastic 30 minutes on the phone again... woman was nice but couldn't resolve the issue... she is letting corporate know.. never again will i spend my $$ with this company

Basic Member
    Have read others went through the same thing. Call corporate yourself. Did you get pictures of the rebate? I did get the rebate last year when they had it. Turn them in to your state attorney generals office if they don't honor it.

So here we go again.... Cabela's had this rifle advertised as being qualified for the $100 savage rebate.... turns out they falsly and mistakenly posted it according to savage there 10t is not a qualified rifle.. so i just spent a fantastic 30 minutes on the phone again... woman was nice but couldn't resolve the issue... she is letting corporate know.. never again will i spend my $$ with this company

I went through this on Cabelas NRA Sale weekend about a month ago. However, I did my homework before and it helped me out. I saw the internet add at Cabelas showing the 10T had a rebate available.The rebate form they had linked, did not show the 10T, But I wanted to make sure, so I made many calls, including the rebate company, Savage and Cabelas. Both Savage and the rebate company confirmed it wasn't included. Cabelas kept telling me it was. The firearms Manager said he was going to call Savage to confirm. To make a long story short, it isn't included but the firearms manager said, "Since it was advertised with a rebate, we will give you a $100 gift card to offset the cost. But understand this is not the norm and consider yourself lucky" I always check if a rebate is valid prior to a purchase, especially such a large amount. You could try to talk to the Manager or corporate and see where it gets you. I know others have complained about the same thing. Good luck.
    Last edited by bergy24; 04-11-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Basic Member
    I read the form and saw 10 series ... didn't see specifically 10t but my rifle says 10 on it.. not 10t ... called cabelas.. woman from customer service said it was an I.T glitch and it should qualify no problem.... hopefully the rifle shoots well and all this nonsense will become nothing more than a commentary when someone mentions Cabela's. Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast