Logic check. Need to get the final pieces in place to start putting rounds together for my rifle as the build is almost complete. I am running Redding Type-S bushing neck dies and it's time to order my bushing(s) and anything else I need.

I have a variety of brass for my 25-06AI. Neck thickness varies from the .012's to the .014's for the stuff I am going to start with. It's all once fired 25-06 with multiple headstamps.

Options feel like:
1. just buy one bushing and not worry about neck thickness and effect on neck tension right now. equivalent of running a standard non-bushing die.
2. sort brass by neck thickness and buy multiple bushings to maintain consistent neck tension. Load in batches by neck thickness/bushing size.
3. buy a neck turner and turn case necks to a consistent thickness. Either establish my target thickness or find the min thickness and turn down to that. Buy one bushing and reload everything using that one bushing.

Since my gun is an Ackley I need to fire form cases. I have a standard 25-06 Redding FL sizing die that I run everything through before doing that. My fire forming load will be the fast pistol powder (Unique or Longshot) with TP wad and cream of wheat filler style.

I also have a copious amount of 30-06 brass and plan to neck some of that down. I am aware that case neck thickness on those cases will increase as a result of that process.

My gut (and budget) says go with option 1 with plan to ultimately use option 3 when I can afford the neck turning tools. This will eliminate needing to sort cases every reloading as well as account for introduction of the necked down brass when time for that happens.

In this case, I am thinking a .282 bushing? Should provide adequate neck tension on what I have now, and allow me to turn down to a neck thickness of .013 in the future.

Thoughts?