A few months ago I stumbled across a link to a very well researched and written article comparing consumer grade chronographs for accuracy and dependability. Trouble is, I can't find that link anymore.
The author, a woman if I recall properly, compared various chronographs to a scientific grade chronograph and provided various points of measurement, errors in speed readings both in quantity and relative to the standard, fast or slow.
Some chronos suffered from placement errors of the sensors, resulting in gross speed errors, some had poor shades, and some did very well with large bullets but had trouble picking a consistent place on a small bullet to use as a measuring point. Tip or base of the bullet is equally good unless one sensor picks the base and the other the tip of the passing bullet, then you get measurement errors.

I do remember that of all the tested units, the one with the smallest error spread and with the spread centered around the zero point of the standard, was the magnetospeed barrel mounted chrono.

Do any of you guys, you know, the ones with the memory like an elephant, remember reading this article and where you found it?

Would make a great sticky.

Thanks for any help.