Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
If he has .014 to .014.5 between the case and the mandrell this is a problem. It should be less than .001
can you explain a little more I'm not understanding the .001?

Quote Originally Posted by schnyd112 View Post
Between the neck and the mandrel there is almost zero clearance. As in, there is no way to measure that. I expand with a k&m expander built for this mandrel.

Yeah i sped up a little, and fed slower. Just trying to get it consistent now. I have some dummies loaded up for Jack, but am still trying to get consistency from case to case. It seems to be easier to mess up the less I cut, the ones there are .290 diameter loaded which is not enough. I have it now cutting to .014, but I am back to rough cuts. I am going to go look at a new power tool today, mine may just have too much runout. It has a pretty good wobble to it. I will bring cases with me, and show you what is going on. This weekend got busy in a hurry, landlord wanted to come by, birthday party tomorrow, and we are watching my girlfriends sisters poodle. He's a little punk.
.292 is about a small as you want your loaded necks...and something funny is going on because I turn mine with one pass and they come out clean...bring your tool next week to I'd like to look at it.

a punk poodle lol...worse than baby sitting a kid.