Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much of a market is there for this.

LongRange

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    The only reason I would buy something like that is if I was going to deploy in a war zone and the scope HAD TO WORK. That is why there is a market for US Optics, Steiner, Kahles and other brands that market scopes for ~$3000. If my life were on the line, and money wasn't a consideration, then yes I would want a ~$3000 scope known for be reliable.

That being said, I have no plans on taking a tour of rougher parts of the world, nor do I plan on visiting these places acting as a "sniper". I own no "sniper rifles" and will never claim to be a sniper, not for law enforcement or military. I enjoy long range shooting as a hobby, and as a hobbyist, these scopes are way overkill for me. It would be like towing a john boat with a Semi.
    or if you were a little more serious about shooting...when you just shoot a couple of rounds looking through a scope its not a big deal but when shooting long strings and looking through a scope for 15-20 minutes at a time or more this is when the better glass really comes into its own...its the same with spotting scopes...sure the less expensive ones get the job done but try looking through one for a few hours...the better scopes with better glass cause less eye strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumdood View Post
    I don't claim to be a "sniper", or claim to having been a "sniper" in the past. I just really enjoy using great glass. I don't look down on those who choose to spend their money otherwise; it's their money, I don't have any interest in trying to put other shooters down for their choices in equipment. If anyone took my post that way I apologize, as it was not my intent.
    i dont think you came across in a bad way just giving your opinion and that is what these boards are all about and like i said above the S&Bs are nice without a doubt...if a had money to burn id most likely have Marchs on my rifles as i wouldnt need a spoting scope any more LOL.

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=LongRange;357888]or if you were a little more serious about shooting...when you just shoot a couple of rounds looking through a scope its not a big deal but when shooting long strings and looking through a scope for 15-20 minutes at a time or more this is when the better glass really comes into its own...its the same with spotting scopes...sure the less expensive ones get the job done but try looking through one for a few hours...the better scopes with better glass cause less eye strain

We do, all day every day while were hunting at distances much further than your shooting. And you know what stick with the shooting part
    because ill prove you wrong in the spotting scope dept. Sooner or later ill meet up with somebody here because seeing is believing not talking
    about it. Bring whatever you like and we'll have a glass shootout. Plan on losing lol.

LongRange
    I have no idea what your talking about buck other than you use binoculars or two spotting scopes on a mount someone made ie binoculars...I agree that using both eyes is better than closing one to look through a spotter but if your saying cheap glass and good glass cause the same amount of eye strain your wrong.

also don't forget I've shot ELR I'm not just talking...also don't forget that every thing is not about hunting...most of the guys here are target shooters!

Basic Member
    I can and will attest to that. Try glassing a valley for hours on end. If you're using a cheap binocular before long you'll feel like you eyes are being sucked out of their sockets. Get a Swarovsbki, Leica or Zeiss Bino. Your eye fatigue will be noticeably reduced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123