Hi folks,

After some head scratching I decided to do my new 6.5 SAUM build on a new action, rather than attempt to convert my old stagger-feed .204 into a centerfeed SAUM. As luck would have it I found a model 16 Trophy Hunter XP in .308 on clearance, and picked it up for less than a blued (model 11) Trophy Hunter XP would have cost me. Living in Alaska, stainless is good, so bonus on that.

I'm looking to order several WSM/SAUM detachable magazine boxes for it. I want to make sure that I get the DBM with the plastic release tab on the magazine. The savage Partfinder tells me DBM part #55252 is what the rifle came with, but even the big internet retailers seem to use model numbers 55152, 55252, and even 55110 interchangeably. Doing searches for any of these model numbers brings pictures, some of which show a molded in tab, some without. Many say 3 rounds, others 2 rounds. There is zero consistency.

I'm fairly sure I need to order part #55252 (in WSM) as a direct replacement, but if one of the other model numbers is an upgrade (stainless steel?, 3 round WSM vs 2 round?) maybe I'd rather order one of those. I don't really care about what color the bottom of the magazine box is, as long as it fits! Can anybody please tell me the differences between part numbers 55152, 55252, and 55110?

Thanks!