About 3 weeks ago, one of the range masters at the range where I shoot was helping a friend who was having some erratic results with Federal Premium Gold Medal Match .308 168 grain factory loads. Apparently the particular lot was not the best. We weren't able to get anything smaller than 1/2" groups out of a gun that easily shoots 1/4" at 100 yds. So the range master brings out a box of Ultramax remanufactured 110 grain sierra and he proceeded to shoot 2 3-shot bughole groups. I'd never even heard of 110 grain 308 bullets. Long story short, I bought a couple of boxes of the Ultramax and sure enough, I was also shooting bugholes with the ammo.

My last two trips to the range with this ammo have produced an average group size of .31", including groups where I pulled a shot or two. Most of the groups have been in the range of .16-.25". Yesterday I shot two 4-shot groups below .25", with the largest group measuring .444" (it was a 5-shot group, as I wasn't happy with the way the group looked after 4 shots).

What do you guys think of this? Do I have a winner here or what?? Any rationale for why this ammo would produce such results?

-Slow