Just passing on some progress on my build. Last night I did receive most of my tools I need to complete my build so I went ahead and thought I would see if I could get the barrel off my factory 110 in 30/06. I purchased a Viper barrel vise from Brownells and a wheeler nut wrench, hoping I was not going to need a action wrench to get the barrel loose.

I mounted the vise on my bench and tightened down the barrel and two hits on the wrench later the nut was free and the action spun freely off the barrel. The Viper held tight with no slip at all. Couldn't be happier with its performance.

I didn't really have much time to go any further , but I plan on mocking up the barrel tonight to begin fitting the factory wood stock in sport to a varmint contour. Should have the PTG gauges in Friday to set headspace , and on to the range.

I know I have herd a lot of people say that I wont be able to get the action to feed well and I need to go to a SA, but I have also herd from several others on this sight that it will feed very well with some lip modification and loading to the rear of the magazine. But either way I am going forward with this build and if I cant get it to work I will just buy a short action and swap barrels and have two savages.
I would like to end up with a deer gun and a coyote gun, for sentimental reasons I really want to hang on to the 110 action I have.