The question your asking dosent have the all round answer your apt to get from most people you might ask.
You havent specificly, or at least clearly stated your intended reason for considering a heavier gun to begin with either.
Certainly most hunters would reccomend a lighter gun if carrying it around all day was the intended purpose.
The key to me i think, was in your last post when you said (we). I picked up on that as meaning you hunt with others
in a group. Of coarse there could be various reasons for doing so and thats not clear either.
But all that aside, carrying a heavy gun considerable distances in order to hunt is not at all uncommon.
20# guns and even heavier are often carried a mile or more. And i mean carried, as in on your back carried and not on the back of a 4 wheeler.
#1 a good pack with a built in scabbard like an Eberlestock for example is pretty much a must.
And with that a 30" barrel isnt a problem. One gun for the group is enough. Carrying a 20# portable bench by another person is also done quite frequently.
Assuming one isnt already stashed at the location your headed to. Each person needs their own backpack in/on which is their own binnoculars and tripod
plus clothing, lunch etc. 1 pack of hotdogs and 1 bag of rolls will feed the whole bunch.
Does that come closer to answering your question?