Thread: 110 short action with staggered feed ... help with stock

tomcat_88

110 short action with staggered feed ... help with stock

Hi folks. I have a Savage 110 short action rifle with the stagger feed non removable mag. in 243 cal. The stock screw spread on the bottom is the 5.062" like the long action. My problem is I cut the stock short for my son years ago thinking at the time I could always find another stock when he grew into it but I can't seem to find one now. Apparently the 110 short action with this screw spread is uncommon. My question is is does anyone know if there is an aftermarket stock still made that will fit this particular rifle?Thanks.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 12-25-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Removed WTB

I am pretty sure what you have is a long action. The short action's are the 10-11-12-16 The longs are 110-111-112-116.

Yup, you need a long action stagger feed stock.
    Since the magazine is attached to the action, the inletting will accommodate either the short or long action magazine.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

tomcat_88
    Thanks for the reply. I removed the stock and indeed there is a lot of room around the mag and I think you are right, a long action stock will work. I will say, however that I don't like the way the mag is attatched in open air space. It does not seem securely attatched and I dont see a way to tighten it. Perhaps that is why I have feed/jamming problems with this rifle. It's also funny that there is no mention of this version I can find anywhere on the net. It seems to have been produced from 1989 to 1997 which are the years not mentioned between the generation 1 and 2 short action 110's in bajeep's post above. I purchased this rifle new in 1999. I wish I knew at the time it was not the latest version.

Saw this one at Numrich. They have a lot of Savage stocks.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/264930A.htm