Thread: Barrels and Stocks for a Model 112 Series J

Ecrane

Barrels and Stocks for a Model 112 Series J

I currently have a 22-250 bull barrel, Model 112 series J. I do not know a lot about this gun as I have inherited from my father. All I know is that is shoots sub MOA w/factory ammo. I am wanting to customize w/ a 308 Varmit Contour barrel and after market stock. I have done some research and discovered the action is slightly larger than the other short actions savages. I think I have found a barrel kit from ER Shaw. Will I have any issues with the standard 110 308 barrels? And where in the hell can I find a nice stock? Any info would be appreciated.

Basic Member
    You will have difficulty finding a stock for an intermediate action. XLR did a one-off evolution chassis for my 110J series action.

If I had a sub moa shooting inherited rifle I would leave well enough alone and appreciate the history and legacy of the rifle.

Better off with a pawnshop find and build the rifle that you want.

Ecrane
    Thanks for the info about the stock. The barrel on the 22-250 is about gone. Wanting to build on my current rifle because of the history and legacy of the gun. Have a lot of good memories with my father busting chucks. any info about the barrel swap? Any foreseeable issues I may run into?