Hi to all,

To start off, I am from Finland, the land of Sako and Tikka rifles. I have mainly been hunting rabbits and fox with shotgun, but lately especially the foxes have been keeping a good distance to me? Seems they get an advanced warning everytime I break out the shotgun. Closest sighting this spring has been maybe 150 meters out... bit far for a shotgun.
So, I decided to get me a rifle to get them foxes. Was looking for a cheap allround gun, and stumbled across Savage Stevens 200 package with Shirstone 3-9x40 in .308. A good allround caliber for all hunting in Finland. Topped that with a versapod bipod, and voila... beware foxes.

I decided against Tikka and sako, mainly because of the absurd pricing. Besides everyone has either one or the other here :) Also remington 700 series is really popular... but haven't really seen Savages around, and since I've allways wanted to be a bit different, went for it.

Taking this baby out to track for sighting on wednesday. Any special things to check/do/know about this thing? Tricks and tweaks for stevens 200, let me know!

Planning to build it up a bit later on... new stock, maybe new trigger, depending how it feels etc.

Thanks in advance, seems to be a good site!