I've built a dual purpose wildcat (simi-long range hunting and target shooting). Due to some unforseen expences I'm going to have to buy a cheaper QD scope mount for the other scopes for temporary use and getting the basic set-up and measurements.

I had a couple of bad experiences years ago with "Leapers" but things change. I don't know if their products are better than they were. Which sets of inexpensive QD mounts for a picatinny rail would y'all suggest. I'm hoping to buy more sets of Warne QD rings and steel picatinny rail as soon as possible.

I did look at the "Leapers" QD rings. They have 6 screws in the ring joint and what appears to be a pretty substantial cam/lever locking set-up. They are cheap; $20/set on sale. That seems too cheap to be any good.

The rings/mounts don't need to take very much recoil, the rifle probably weighs between 15 and 18 lbs. The recoil may be about like a 38/357 lever gun.

Opinions, descriptions, compliments and complaints will all be appreciated. I usually have all the rings/mounts that I need, so I haven't bought any of either in 6 or more years.

Thank Y'all Very Much, Paul