Thread: FTF after removing bolt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Berserker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It really isn't the triggers fault. p.
    Disagree. If the gun doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled backwards, something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Disagree. If the gun doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled backwards, something is wrong.
    Correct. What is wrong is that 99% of Savage trigger issues stem from people not pulling straight back to disengage the sear safety. Kinda like blaming a door for not opening when you push it and there is a sign stating "PULL".

Like I said, the Rifle Basix should serve you well.
    More shooting, less typing.

Berserker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Correct. What is wrong is that 99% of Savage trigger issues stem from people not pulling straight back to disengage the sear safety. Kinda like blaming a door for not opening when you push it and there is a sign stating "PULL".

Like I said, the Rifle Basix should serve you well.
    I am not denying I may have pulled to the side, and need to correct. I do that with handguns, and have been paying attention to it for a few years.

But, a gun should go off. You should not have to train yourself or be aware for a firearm to discharge. You should have to, to improve your shot, but not to get it to shoot.

If it is possible to pull a trigger, and not have it go off, I say it is a poor design. You can compensate for the poor design, and get good at compensating, but it is still a poor design.

I don't care on my 243, I probaby won't deer hunt with that, maybe coyote. But my 30-06 is for deer and bear, and I would hate to miss my chance.

I do practice, I fired around 40-50 rounds that day.

Berserker
    I bought this model because I heard how good the accutrigger is. Should have just bought cheaper one and put after market trigger in.

Banned
    I bought this model because I heard how good the accutrigger is. Should have just bought cheaper one and put after market trigger in.
    I am going to weigh in and take it for what its worth.

Find out what the problem is. Seems like jumping here and there and no logical progression.

Lots of tests, run em.

Previously the only way to have a safe trigger was a heavy trigger (I assume you have read about Remington and their trigger issues?)

If you have shot revolver you know that as the DA part. No safety per sea, just a very heavy pull (10-12 lbs). Bolt actions had gone the same qay7, ugly nasty heavy trigger pull to avoid liability issues.

So, Savage took the complaints and came up with a far better system. That is the safety blade that takes place of the heavy pull.

Then you have an adjustable trigger, 2.5 lbs minimum for a hunter, 1.5 for the Varmint style.

Unlike some, I like it, I also understand there is some aspect to it that can be an issue (last time I checked I had to fill my vehicles up with fuel form time to time, is that a vehicle fault or just plain reality?)

However, all things have downsides (have you read about the Remington trigger problem ?) You should.

In this case there is some sensitivity problem involved and a possible trip without the striker doing its thing.

Now you have a choice. Quit complaining and work out what the problem is, dump the gun (I will consider an offer) Buy something other than a Remington (I hear there are still issues)

So the bottom line is start working with the people trying to help you out or dump the gun.

Berserker
    I am asking about replacement bolts or firing pins, or people think it could be the trigger. Maybe because this is a Savage forum, people will not want to discuss the problem. I was hoping this would be the place to find experts.

I'd be happy just replacing all possible parts, and be done with it. Like I said normally I like tinkering around. But this is for hunting, and the problem spread apart.

Banned
    I am asking about replacement bolts or firing pins, or people think it could be the trigger. Maybe because this is a Savage forum, people will not want to discuss the problem. I was hoping this would be the place to find experts.

I'd be happy just replacing all possible parts, and be done with it. Like I said normally I like tinkering around. But this is for hunting, and the problem spread apart.
    Now I am in sarcastic mode, replace the rifle, problem almost certainly solved. If new rifle does not solve it, replace, repeat until you find a rifle that works.

Berserker
    I was on another site, searched dented primer. The first one to come up was another 116. I think I will email Savage, free to ask if there is any issues.