Thread: RCBS 3 way cutter...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the Trim-pro 2 powered trimmer and the three way cutter. I tried setting it up to do my .308 cases but I never could get the chamfer to cut evenly around the case, inside or out. I got frustrated and put it up, went back to just trimming them with the TrimPro and doing the rest in separate steps. I can't say 100% that it was the fault of the tool and not the way I set it up, but I got tired of messing with it. And I'm generally very patient with stuff like that. It would've been ok for bulk plinking ammo, but my results were not as good as I can do by hand.
    Sorry for the late reply, but I think you made the right choice for your purposes anyway.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    this is the one I have...... seeing as how I own 5 different 223 gas guns and 2 308 gas guns...ive cut thousands of cases with the one I have and its due for new cutter blades.
    I like it in the sense that its quick.
    https://youtu.be/gnDOqEI5TKo
    Ive looked at those and the geirads but its kinda hard for me to put out that kinda coin without seeing one in person...does the gracy chamfer,deburr and trim eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut View Post
    I have the Trim-pro 2 powered trimmer and the three way cutter. I tried setting it up to do my .308 cases but I never could get the chamfer to cut evenly around the case, inside or out. I got frustrated and put it up, went back to just trimming them with the TrimPro and doing the rest in separate steps. I can't say 100% that it was the fault of the tool and not the way I set it up, but I got tired of messing with it. And I'm generally very patient with stuff like that. It would've been ok for bulk plinking ammo, but my results were not as good as I can do by hand.
    Sorry for the late reply, but I think you made the right choice for your purposes anyway.
    I havent ordered it yet...ive seen the same complants your having in reviews about the forster...when ever i think about buying something i always wait a day to think if i REALLY need it...plus brownells should have free shipping or some promos tomorrow.