Most people are just using Savage actions. So there isn't really a comparison.
Actually there are Savage rifles that are excellent right out of the box IMO. I have a .223 12 LRPV that came with the Target AccuTrigger and a H-S Precision stock. It's a single shot which makes it much more rigid too. I've shot some pretty good groups with it. I shot a 1" group at 400 yards with it. I only did that once but it probably averages about 4"-5" at that distance.

Lots of people start with the Target AT when building a rifle and H-S is known to make some decent stocks. And if that isn't good enough you can get a McMillan stock on a Savage. And swapping out the barrel is supposed to be about as easy as it gets on a Savage. I don't see much need to swap the barrel on mine though. Good enough is good enough for me. The list price on those models was around $1400 when I bought mine but the out the door price was considerably less. Around $1200 would get you a new one. I bought mine when it was slightly used for $900. It only had about 10 rounds through it at the time. Someone didn't take the time to knock the nubs down and thought it wouldn't shoot well. Silly rabbits. Bad for him, good for me.