I have a centerfeed Stevens 200 in 6mm-222 Rem Mag that I'm getting ready to rebarrel with a faster twist and use heavier bullets. My question is if I remove/alter the magazine spacer so I can seat bullets out longer am I going to have to move the bolt stop as well on the action for the longer COAL? I'm not trying for a 2.800 COAL like the .308 length cartridges but I'm thinking along the lines of around 2.500 COAL and running 105 A-Max at 2600 fps. This will give me a light recoiling cartridge that'll perform similar to a .308 shooting 178 grain A-Max.

I've been wanting to do the Sporting Rifle Match at the NRA Whittington Center, and had built a 14 lbs all up steel puncher for it. Well on the 29th of Sep I fell off a ladder while fixing a window screen on the second story of my house and shattered my right ankle. When all's said and done it's going to take a minimum of 6-8 months to recover and my ankle will be fused. With this reduced movement in my ankle I'm thinking lighter will be better so I'm trying to shave 4.5-5 lbs off my total build, plus find other places to loose weight in my gear. I've already dropped 15 lbs, but I'm doing PT three days a week to make sure it isn't muscle weight I'm loosing.