Hi All,

So i recently started reloading. I have been shooting with the Federal Fusion ammo for the last few years. Shooting 180 gr bullets. I reloaded some rounds per the nosler data. I loaded Nosler Accubonds with 63 gr and some with 65 gr.

This is my group of 5 shots with 63 gr.

This is the group with 65 grains.

So on the hunting and fishing forum they suggested I start playing with the seating depth. I had one of the guys on the forum help me and he thinks I had pressure issue. I guess it turns out I was seating the bullets too far in. Long story short, my magazine length is 2.98 in. My guns OACL is 2.933. I had these bullets at 2.79 and 2.8 while the caliper I originally used said 2.83. This is what the nosler data said they tested at so I followed it.

I reloaded some today and set the bullets at 2.922

This is the group with 63 grains ( please ignore the shot pattern in the target, I was running low on time and didn't have a chance to get new targets)

This is the group with 65 grains

And last, here is a picture of the brass after the last re-load. This brass was once fired factory winchester brass before I reloaded it.

Does it look like I have a pressure issue here?

He was also talking about having the throat reamed some more because it required pressure to seat a bullet in a fired cartridge that had not been sized. Although I did not try this.

What do you all think?

If you re-load a .300 wsm what is your OACL and preferred re-loading case length?