Thread: Savage 110L stock

rolland

Savage 110L stock

A friend ask me to assist him in finding a suitable stock for his aging 110L. The gun was purchased around 50 years ago according to him and the stock is literally worn out and not really worth bedding or repair. It has a top bolt release with a blind magazine, (has two metal plates covering the bottom), in 7 rem mag. I am looking for recommendations for a composite stock I think something that will take a recoil reducer in the butt as he want so pass it on to a younger member of the family. In all my years of working with rifles I really have not had a lot of exposure to Savage 110's. So any help or recommendations would be a plus.

Basic Member
    Boyd's will have something to fit it. Bolt spacing hasn't changed on the long actions. Newer versions will not have the bottom metal, but they will work

Basic Member
    Does the barrel have a boss where the rear sight sits? First generation 110s were built this way and it sounds like he may have one. If so, it will be more trouble to find a barrel without custom inletting. Numeric might be an option too.

rolland
    Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
    Does the barrel have a boss where the rear sight sits? First generation 110s were built this way and it sounds like he may have one. If so, it will be more trouble to find a barrel without custom inletting. Numeric might be an option too.
    Yes the barrel has the boss, I can inlet the stock if necessary just need to find one first.

Those early models won't work with the newer (1966+) stocks as the trigger group is different. The newer trigger group is longer (taller) and if you put that barreled action into a newer style stock the trigger will only protrude a small bit out the bottom. Pretty sure the aftermarket triggers on the market will work with these older Model 110's (someone else here will know for sure), and they would solve the aforementioned issue.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain