Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
Longrange one thing at a time, other wise you chase your tail. When I found the right load for this 243, my chrono was showing 2888-2892 for a 15 shot string and I was right at the mid point according to Berger, so I stopped right there, 5 shot groups @ 100 were 0.162-0.165 but now after 1000 shots they have opened up into the upper 0.2's. I only use CCI large rifle primer and IMR 4895, appears to work for me.
while i havent been loading as long as a lot of you guys i have things figured out...i know one thing at a time...i went out last night after work and shot 15 rounds over the chrony...1 5 shot group and one 10 shot group with BR-2s and still higher than i like ESs so that eliminates primers for the most part...next will be neck tension..then seating depth...then powder charge...if it dont shoot well enough ill go back to H4831sc...im playing with H4530 right now which has never shot as well as 4831 in any of the barrels ive shot but i have about 17lbs of it...if it dont produce saturday ill trade it off.