Thread: Boyds Pro-Varmint with PT&G bottom metal??

Basic Member

Boyds Pro-Varmint with PT&G bottom metal??

Hi all!

As the title implies, I am looking at a Boyd's pro-varmint for a 110 LA conversion to 300WM. I have used the stock on other builds and really like them for the money. I would like to mag feed her and was looking at a PT&G bottom metal from Midway USA. Will this pairing play well together? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

lrshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Hi all!

As the title implies, I am looking at a Boyd's pro-varmint for a 110 LA conversion to 300WM. I have used the stock on other builds and really like them for the money. I would like to mag feed her and was looking at a PT&G bottom metal from Midway USA. Will this pairing play well together? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    It'll be fine. But don't order it direct from them. I don't think Dave kiff has anything to do with it, but I ordered my bottom metal and got the wrong magazine, and then I called and they said they would take care of it but I called 2 weeks later and nobody knew anything about it. I finally talked to somebody who cared I guess because I had a magazine come a few days later in exchange for the one I sent back. It was still the wrong magazine, but at least it worked. I had ordered 10 rnd at fIrst, and ended up with 5.

Basic Member
    So are you overall happy with it for the $$? Midway has them for $118 I think. They are AICS mag compatible correct?

I wouldn't bother messing with the PT&G kit and instead would go with the kit from CDi Precision as they'll inlet your stock to accept it. Odds are you'll get a lot better customer service as well.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

velvetant
    I got CDI bottom metal and had them inlet my stock, They inlet for free if you buy their bottom metal.
    Turn around time was apx 2 1/2 weeks and they did a fabulous job.

lrshooting
    Yep, I didn't realize CDI would inlet the bottom metal. Definitely go that route.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j. Baker View Post
    i wouldn't bother messing with the pt&g kit and instead would go with the kit from cdi precision as they'll inlet your stock to accept it. Odds are you'll get a lot better customer service as well.
    this /\