Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first 60 rounds....

LongRange

well i have 370 rounds through this rifle as of today and have the stock pretty dialed in...may need just a little more LOP but i will shoot it as is at our last match of the year and see how it goes...i went out yesterday and chrony'd a few rounds,adjusted seating depth then shot out at 330-425-550 and 650yds...all i can say is this build is just stupid accurate. i had 35 cases that were due to be annealed to get all hundred back on the same page so i shot those this morning to verify dopes and FPS...yesterday they shot at 2807 to 2814...today this 10 round group at 100yds shot 2808 to 2814...the smith that chambered the barrel asked me to bring him a target when i felt it was dialed so here it is...

since this load is about the same FPS(2810) as in my long action 260(2820) i held the same wind for the first round at 650yds and the impact was almost a full MOA left of POA...the difference...142g SMK in the long action and 140g berger hybrid in this rifle...the hybrids REALLY buck the wind well!!
    after looking back through the groups when fire forming brass and running some numbers on JBM and the G-7 ballistics calculators i decided to work with the berger/fed210M combo a little more and am glad i did after this weekend...the final load...

fully prep'd lapua brass
    42.9g H4350
    fed210M
    140g berger hybrid .035 off the lands...030 and .040 off shoot very well but .035 is the sweet spot.

Indeed. The bergers do in fact cut thru the wind with ezz. Once I gave them ago 5 month's ago? I was convinced. I dug deep in my pocket and ordered another 500 with the same lot number I currently have. I have 1k total. Bet your kicking yourself for pulling that one shot a. Your set.

LongRange
    actual the only time a pulled shot bothers me is if its the last round.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    actual the only time a pulled shot bothers me is if its the last round.
    roger that.......been there many times. you've got a perfect shot pattern going on...your one with the gun..everythings fine and dandy, then as you get set to send the last one?......your thinking...should I or shouldn't I? to send or not to send........then you send it and sure enuff...you pulled it..........enuff to f**** up your day.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

LongRange
    Me being OCD would start questioning the load and either shoot another group or go home and load another 10 then go shoot it...but when 8 more go into a .434 group with #1 off a bipod and no rear bag i have no doubt it was me.

Curious, what's the trigger pull on your rig dave?

LongRange
    i dont have a pull gauge but im going to guess 6 to 8oz after comparing to a couple of light set jewell triggers ive pulled this year...dont get me wrong...the RB SAV2 is NO WHERE NEAR a jewell but it breaks clean with 0 over travel no creep and wont bolt fire unless you slam the bolt closed with your fist...like everything else ive done a LOT of adjusting and tuning with these triggers and theres a few tricks to make them better than they come outta the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12