I've been slowly working on a savage 10 that nothing has been left on except the trigger and bolt groups. It has a 26 inch shilen HV barrel with a McM a5 and vortex pst glass.

Now I was pretty tickled when I shot sub moa at 100, but it opened up to 6 inches at 300 using Remington 180 grain core lokts. Very probable that is me as my comb height is not right and I was shooting of a rolled up towel.

My one hand load that would actually cycle I shot 3 inches at 300 with 168 amax and 38 gr of 4895. (I loaded them for the original barrel so the case size was too long and none of the other loads would fit for some reason) I had no faith in that round but I guess it shows my gun has some potential at least and could very easily be a 1000 yrd gun with the right shooter.

Therefore I'm looking for some general knowledge on what you all use for long range target shooting. However, i do want these bullets to be good for coyote. I have terrible problems with them getting into my calves so if I see one within 1000, I'm gonna shoot him so he don't go tearing up my livestock or at least scare him. Ive been looking at 178 amax, 175 vld and 175 smk. My research seems to conclude any of those rounds is a money maker, but I have no idea where to start. I can't find varget, but I have reloader 15, imr4064, and h4895 on stock right now. I can probably find R17