Thread: Can I modify a B&C stock for DBM/side button

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KSP1071

Can I modify a B&C stock for DBM/side button

Hello all, I am new here and would appreciate some advice. I have a Savage 111, 30-06 Long action, DBM/side button in its factory stock. I got it very cheap and thought it would make a good deer rifle saving my pretty guns from getting banged up, also a good opportunity to try my hand at some amateur gunsmithing. I put a Timney trigger in it, nice glass and bedded my action hoping for great results. My 4 or 5 MOA groups shrunk to maybe 2 MOA but I consistently get a few unexplained flyers that I attribute to the flimsy stock when I add pressure to it that it doesn't like. I'm consistently no less than a 1 MOA shooter so I expect my rifle be at least as good if not better than me. I still have faith this one will be too.

I'm looking to change the stock next to something with an aluminum bedding block. B&C medalist sporter #2980 is what I'm thinking. My thoughts are that I have the abilities and don't see why it would be very difficult to inlet the bottom of the stock for the magazine to fall out and drill the hole for the side button, repaint the setup and have a hopefully solid shooting rifle. But I haven't seen anyone do this? Is there a reason why I'm only finding folks converting my rifle to a blind mag? Which seems more difficult?
    Last edited by KSP1071; 09-28-2015 at 10:47 AM.