Just bought this new lovely gun as a step up from my m1500 308 as my ELR rifle. Also first crack at reloading a magnum caliber for percision. Only load 357/44/223 for cost previously.

---So first question here, I cannot figure out what scope base I need for this particular model. Some info says 8-40 size screws some says normal 6-48??? Does anyone have links to a 20 or 30moa base that fits? I have a vortex viper PST 6-24x50 FFP that will be going on it.

---this stock looks like a Boyd's w the same super hard recoil pad I have on my 308 which isn't very good on that but with its modest recoil it's not an issue, I have shot this gun yet but I KNOW it will be a problem for me. What are my options for a very soft replacement pad that goes on and fits smooth and flush and looks like factory?

Other thing is is I bought lapua brass, 5lbs of retumbo, and 300gr NCC projo's.
i think I'm going to full length size all the new brass then what should I trim them to for this particular model as a gold starting point so they are all very consistent as a starting point.

i also had to increase the trigger weight as it slam fired when closing bolt from the factory which is unacceptable to rely on the safety dingus trigger stopping the sear. It's set to 1.1lbs now which is nice tho