Hello All, Has been an "interesting" period since got barrel. Have only managed to get 85 rounds down the pipe. Barrel break-in was very thorough and was cool to watch progression of "Much Copper to Less Copper to Zero Copper" happen over the course of 25-30 rounds. This was doing the shoot-1 / clean-1 for 10 rnds. and then 3 shot groups after that. (Wow, that Australian "Sweets" goo is some kind of effective at removing copper NOW!)

Progressed into reloading for some load development and started to encounter a consistent problem with Care Sizing... Initially though I s crewed-up headspacing as bolt would be very hard lift after firing and be very sticky in closing, but not the case. I measured and checked & checked & measured until I determined that the dang' Body of the brass was Not sizing-down to a "Slimmer" profile for the much-tighter chamber fit of a nice bolt rifle as opposed to that of an M240 Machine Gun! This even with a very high quality Forster Full-L Sizing Die of every case.

(Moral Here: Maybe I should invest in some nice brass instead of "1 fired" Mil. Brass for $85.00 per 500 ... Hmmmm?) - YES, 100 Lapua on way to "check difference"...

Ughhh... What a PITA! I had to take apart 20 cartridges tonight that were lovingly weighed-out and micrometer seated when I chambered one and it DID lock the Action. Yes, it was "stiff closing, but had never created this kind of a mess....

You %$@*!... Had to (with a tape wrapped soft-aluminum rod) Pound a live round out of my chamber from the muzzle! That does it...!!! All the while my toes are curling and skin crawling while knocking away at a live 2800fps, 155g. match reload in my new Criterion. S&*$!!! Happily it came free but not until after a good bit of cussing & anxiety.

Next - Colored a case Body with sharpie and finally saw where the chamber is "Hugging" the brass about 1/4" forward of the extractor groove for about 1/3" - 1/2" of cartridge length. AH-HA!!!!!

So, I ordered a Redding Small-Base .308 Body Die (and the 100 Lapua cases) and Hopefully will be at the end of this joyful detective story by Thursday.

Once I get rounds going down range without grief I will report back on load-developments, etc...

As far as I'm concerned (so far) this is nobody's fault but the guy who is used to using cheap brass to make-up his loads.... ME. I would like to think (hope) that with the Small Base Redding I CAN use the collection of Lake City that I have (now that I have ultra-sonic cleaned, sized to perfect headspace, lathe-trimmed & chamfered to 2.007 x 300 casings...)

Steve