Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Put it in a chassis, buy a mag, and done. It is not anything more than that. Don't over complicate it. Go look at any of the chassis at MDT, XLR, etc. to see for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    @ Team Savage: OK, I looked at it a little closer and I see it (MDT chassis) has what is included for the conversion, all appears to be included. The last question is, Apparently the internal blind mag must be removed. I just mounted a base and scope on my Savage and don't want to remove the stock now that it is together. I am looking now for an exploded pick of the 12FV to aid, but what is involved with the internal mags removal?

Russellc

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    @ Team Savage: OK, I looked at it a little closer and I see it (MDT chassis) has what is included for the conversion, all appears to be included. The last question is, Apparently the internal blind mag must be removed. I just mounted a base and scope on my Savage and don't want to remove the stock now that it is together. I am looking now for an exploded pick of the 12FV to aid, but what is involved with the internal mags removal?

Russellc
    The internal mag will stay with the Factory 12FV stock. There is a clip that holds it in place. All you have to do is unbolt the barreled action from the stock and drop it in to the chassis. Bolt it in and insert a compatible AICS mag. THAT IS IT. You don't need anything from the factory mag assembly for the chassis.

Basic Member
    Great! Thank You! I almost bought the 209.00 kit I dont need. You guys are the greatest.

Russellc

Basic Member
    Final answer @ Team Savage : Reading the MDT questions and answers, a gent inquired if his 110 Savage W/ blind mag would work, Answer is Yes.

Thanks for the answers, I was about to get the conversion kit first, and wait for the chassis! Hopefully this will help another here. I saved 209.00 for something I didnt need.

Russellc