Quote Originally Posted by rmeyerwy View Post
Hey Txroadlizard, how did you get a drop magazine on your 12 Fv? I agree with you, I love my mod 12 fv in 223 too, been shooting it indoors at 100yrds, was finally nice enough to get to the outdoor range for abit the other day, setup and had 8 and 6 inch metal as
330 yrds ( that's what they told me ) and sat down dialed it in and hit the 1st shot on the 8" next 5 went to the 6 inch! I was tickled... dang sure is fun!
Awesome shooting! I did this to get into DBM: https://www.eabco.net/Savage-Detacha...n_p_15372.html

If you do something stock wize to get into a detachable box magazine, be sure to change the front baffle on your bolt to a long-action baffle. Our short action bolts have a baffle with an extension on it to make the bolt-throw shorter. This prevents the bolt from coming far enough back to pick a round up from the AICS Magazine. I ordered a long-action baffle for about $6 from XLR Industries, and until it comes in, I borrowed the long-action baffle from my Savage 110 .270. Works like a charm! The choate is a great stock in my opinion. If you're confining this thing to bench use, it is phenomenal. At nearly 15 pounds it sure isn't a carry around all day rifle though.