Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    ^^^I can't believe I am continuing with this this, but here I go...

What diference does it make if someone gets their rifle a week before I do? They were purchased as "backordered". No one is being denied anything. Why would I, as a customer or stockholder, want the company to waste money, effort and resources to ensure every product ordered and/or sold is delivered on a first-come, first served basis? THere are so MANY OTHER ways to provide quality customer service that are actually MEANINGFUL. I would agree IF some orders were gonna be refused. Delayed is another matter altogether. We're becoming a society of demanding, snivling whiny-butts that want something for nothing and when it's finally offered for dang near nothing, we want it delivered on a silver platter and we want to be treated like we are something special, when, in fact, we are not (in this regard). Geez oh-Pete! When will the entitlement attitude end?

Put another way: Pick your battles. This hill ain't worth fighting for.
    I have no emotion tied to when I receive my rifles. I bought because it was a good deal. If I receive the last one 3 months from now, it wouldn't bother me. I've already bought 3 other firearms this year and the R700 I recently purchased has been costing me enough that I'd rather not have to glass two more rifles. My issue with the way they MAY be underperforming is delivery. As a potential owner of both company's stock, I'm looking for upside potential. This could hinder that.

Basic Member
    This doesn't mean diddly. They haven't dropped the ball in any respect, shape or form. I am a customer. A good customer. I have bought well over 100 guns from Cabelas the last few years and I am a stock holder. As such, I don't want them to spend 1 penny trying to make this deal run any smoother for anyone. Suggesting that a customer in Boise was delayed a rifle when another customer in Boston got one before him even though the Boston dude ordered his a day later is indicative of poor service, inability to deliver fairly, efficiently and effectively is absurd. A whole generation of snivling brats with no sense of whats important is taking over this country. I am saddened to see it among a community of gun enthusiasts.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    This doesn't mean diddly. They haven't dropped the ball in any respect, shape or form. I am a customer. A good customer. I have bought well over 100 guns from Cabelas the last few years and I am a stock holder. As such, I don't want them to spend 1 penny trying to make this deal run any smoother for anyone. Suggesting that a customer in Boise was delayed a rifle when another customer in Boston got one before him even though the Boston dude ordered his a day later is indicative of poor service, inability to deliver fairly, efficiently and effectively is absurd. A whole generation of snivling brats with no sense of whats important is taking over this country. I am saddened to see it among a community of gun enthusiasts.

Well no wonder you would not mind waiting 12 months for a rifle. you have had or have access to hundreds. I also feel like you and I are living in two different realities. You are arguing for Cabela's to not work at keeping the highest level of customer satisfaction yet you are a share holder. What you described literally explains the expectations in today's marketplace, yet you say it is wrong? Again, as I said before, Cabela's has a strict policy on filling orders in the order they were placed. So, in the spirit of seeing your investment increase, I suggest you to continue to appreciate the way things used to be and accept and embrace the way things are in the present. As an aside, you can thank our last President for brining us brats out of the woodwork. And thank you, I've been called worse...

Take Care,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Deplorable
    Trump 2020 and beyond!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Well no wonder you would not mind waiting 12 months for a rifle. you have had or have access to hundreds. I also feel like you and I are living in two different realities. You are arguing for Cabela's to not work at keeping the highest level of customer satisfaction yet you are a share holder. What you described literally explains the expectations in today's marketplace, yet you say it is wrong? Again, as I said before, Cabela's has a strict policy on filling orders in the order they were placed. So, in the spirit of seeing your investment increase, I suggest you to continue to appreciate the way things used to be and accept and embrace the way things are in the present. As an aside, you can thank our last President for brining us brats out of the woodwork. And thank you, I've been called worse...

Take Care,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Deplorable
    Trump 2020 and beyond!
    No one is going to have to wait 12 months for these rifles. You are making an issue out of not getting yours immediately (or ahead of someone else who ordered their's maybe a day later) when what you did was order a product under backorder terms. Customer service is important, but I believe you gotta be a reasonable customer as well. And the company should not waste resources trying to satisfy every cutomer who catches a trivial mistake. They need to pick their battles, too, or they will lose even more business. Just because they have a policy to fill orders a certain way does not mean they should brake the bank to get it done. As in all things, focus on what is meaningful.