Quote Originally Posted by FW Conch View Post
Gee, I was starting to feel down in the dumps about my preference for 6.5mm, and not knowing about the obvious superiority of 7mm. I mean, by that logic, the 30cal must be better than both, and the 338's should be better yet. But after reading the post by "stomp" and others, I feel a lot better. "WHEE"! :-)
Well the logic is sound. I am a huge 6.5mm fan and I know from first hand experience that they are capable of much more than people give them credit for but they can only do so much. A bigger bore shooting a heavier bullet with a higher BC is going to be superior but it comes at a cost. What I like most about my 6.5's is that they are very efficient cartridges and provide the performance and energy needed to cleanly take game at some incredible ranges without having to use a magnum cartridge with 80 plus grains of powder the recoil that comes with it and the added cost of a brake in order to shoot it comfortably. But when compared appples to apples that is the heaviest highest BC bullet possible out of each cartridge of smilar size and capacity the 7mm will beat the 6.5 and the .30 will beat the 7mm. It may not be by much but it is the case.