Thread: 11 VT in 308. Newb questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    66GTO
    I have the same Dick's Special 11VT in .308. After reading all I could find on the internet I was confused. Some reports said the Choate 25-06-01 would work with some minor modification, but some said not. Even Choate's website said it would not work with the Axis type magazine. Some people said you had to convert to the traditional bottom metal and magazine for it to work.

Well I took the stock magazine bottom plastic "metal" apart and test fitted it into a Savage Accustock on one of my other Savages. From what I had read it was not supposed to fit, but it did. Based on that I ordered the Choate 25-06-01 from Midway.

I switched everything over from the Savage stock. To my complete amazement and delight everything dropped right in without any grinding or modification. The stock action screws fit the Choate stock. Just be sure to use the shorter of the two washer/spacers from the Savage stock under the front action screw, otherwise the screw will bottom out on the bolt. The inspection slip in the box from Choate was dated 12-2014, so maybe the recently manufactured stocks have been modified to fit the 11VT. All I know is it fits my 11VT perfectly. Even with the bull barrel there is more than enough clearance to free float the barrel and the the tang doesn't touch the stock..

100 yds.
    Last edited by 66GTO; 09-09-2015 at 09:11 PM.