Thread: Apache Gun Works

Smile Apache Gun Works

Props to Jim, he's a straight up guy and does a great job. I had him spin a custom .223AI on a Bartlien blank. Finally got out to shoot it today.

20 rounds at 200Yds. The left and vertical string is because the target started shifting after 10 rnds from getting smacked with 75gn Amax at 3100fps.

If you want a custom barrel it would be a sin to let anyone else do the work...

Basic Member
    Good to hear! He is spinning up a 30-06 for me right now. I am anxious for my barrel to get here to start playing!

Rob44
    Jims done two barrels for me and I couldn't be much happier with the work and the barrels accuracy

D.ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob44 View Post
    Jims done two barrels for me and I couldn't be much happier with the work and the barrels accuracy
    +1 ...................

Just doesnt get any better than Jim! Great guy to deal with, great work. Cant really ask for much more than that.
    Scooter

romad97
    I have a 7mm WSM barrel that he made for me. It is one sweet barrel for the price. Unfortunately I can't attest to its accuracy yet though becouse I am only 12 months into my 24 month waiting period for my stockade stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
    I have a 7mm WSM barrel that he made for me. It is one sweet barrel for the price. Unfortunately I can't attest to its accuracy yet though becouse I am only 12 months into my 24 month waiting period for my stockade stock.
    You're doing better than I could. There's no way I could wait 2 years for a stock lol. And I though my 7 month wait for my SSS LVT stock was a long wait lol.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Jim is also spinning a 7 Rem Mag for me. I am really looking forward to this. I bought a used 110 in 7 mag and the barrel was the most inaccurate barrel I ever worked with. The rifle is an old flat back so it is probably 15 years old+/-. I think it is fire cracked in the throat. I am going to start the break in with IMR 7977 to try and keep copper out of it and see how good it is as well. If I don't like it it will mean going back to the old stand by H4831. I should be down to a matter of days until I receive it.

D.ID
    Your both doing better than me.......my idea of waiting for a stock is three days or four. WHAT DO YOU MEEN FIVE DAYS! I can't wait five whole days! I decided to start this build on Monday and want to be shooting by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by strut64 View Post
    Jim is also spinning a 7 Rem Mag for me. I am really looking forward to this. I bought a used 110 in 7 mag and the barrel was the most inaccurate barrel I ever worked with. The rifle is an old flat back so it is probably 15 years old+/-. I think it is fire cracked in the throat. I am going to start the break in with IMR 7977 to try and keep copper out of it and see how good it is as well. If I don't like it it will mean going back to the old stand by H4831. I should be down to a matter of days until I receive it.
    I've had good luck with Retumbo in my 7mmRM.

Basic Member
    How long are the wait times for one of his barrels?