So ive looked around and I cant seem to find a general consensus on how far up the action savages should be bedded. I have a McMillan A5 and a centerfeed SA with a 26 inch Shilen no. 7 contour barrel. Its really quite a bit of stress for an action to handle so It seems that the bedding compound should at least go to the end of the barrel nut.

I understand the tang should be floated and understand the reasons why. It only makes since...zero stress is best. But there are a 1.2 billion articles on whether or not to bed the tang. I havent found anything definitive so far on how far to bed in front of the action though. Im gonna have a steel TPS one piece base on it that I think I will do before I bed the gun. It should help strengthen it a little. The base will be bedded to make up for any slight variations which there is because I torqued it down individually on each side and one side would stick up... So if I can hear your thoughts/opinions/experiences on how far up the action/barrel you normally bed your savages, thatd be great!