I had hesitated to spend $58 more on this rifle, (Savage Mark II FV SR .22LR) but now that I have held the kit in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers, and installed it, I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and purchased it. (Pun definitely unabashedly intended).

The kit consists of a ball bearing to compress and stiffen the sear spring, and a new adjustable trigger spring, and also includes two new pins for the trigger and the sear.

The stock pivot pins are .123” in diameter. The Apachee kit pins are a slop-removing .1255”. Very nice!

Installed the kit with the trigger spring at the lightest adjustment, placed a spent case in the chamber, closed the bolt, brought my finger back towards the trigger, feeling for it, and upon contact the engaged parts “fired”. WOW! Far too light, but nice to know I can work at that end of the adjustability.

Right now I have it set for what seems a reasonable setting, just determined by feel, for bench shooting. A gauge will be used in a final adjustment.

Testing for safe operation, I tried to get it to trip by slamming the bolt, walloping the stock with a number 4 diesel hammer et cetera, and trigger-sear engagement is unaffected by this modification. Meanwhile the safety blade remains totally stock, not part of the mod, and operational as designed.

Lightening the trigger has an effect that might be described by some as creep. Of course, the creep, if fair to call it that, was always there; it's just that with a lightened trigger the gradual transition is more palpable. The sear-trigger surfaces must have a dimensional engagement to safely engage in the field conditions the rifle was designed for.

I like it. I can feel the trigger moving through the travel and then it touches a little wall of resistance. At that point the next nanometer of travel is going to be the break. It’s like having a two-stage trigger, which I personally lean towards in preference. Translation....move trigger, feel the trigger is moving, point of sudden hint of resistance announces "You have arrived. Heads up. The next thing will be a BANG", followed by a call-the-shot bang.

Thinking about an Apachee kit? As others have said, and I gleefully join in, best $58 you'll spend on an otherwise superb rifle!