So I have a 111 Trophy Hunter XP in .25-06 that I want to tinker with... was looking at taking off the factory barrel and the tupperware stock; adding a magnum sporter barrel and an "I don't know what" stock (want to keep it on the lighter side for the longer walks when hunting). The stock options for this thing are exceedingly limited from my research which poses the question...

I have a older 110 flat back in .30-06 I bought as a donor rifle for a new project. Is it worth it to go through the headache of figuring out the whole stock/magazine/etc. issue with the 111xp or should I sell it and just convert the 110 into a .25-06 and use the cash from the 111xp to buy another donor rifle down the road?

I've grown rather fond of the .25-06 for the lighter deer in the area here; loaded well it doesn't waste a lot of freezer fare, lighter recoiling, and has never let me down; so I'm not looking to go with another cartridge for this particular project.

Thanks in advance for all the pros/cons and the lively discussion I'm sure is going to erupt