Hey guys, I am not beating up Boyd's. I am pointing out a design flaw that can be corrected very simply.

Keith, I hear your perspective and agree. Thank you for the comment! FYI, I have 20+ years in manufacturing too. I have ordered many a mold in my day and I am familiar with CNC etc.. I am a product manager for custom OEM/ODM high tech manufacturing, so I am an expert at analyzing cost to produce and trade offs. Many of my customers are aerospace companies. Six-Sigma Black Belt, but ask me if I like the Sigma program; I digress.

I think most of us Savage guys love the challenges of doing things ourselves. This sort of thing is a labor of love and therapy and I appreciate the group being so cool. Fox, you are all right, no worries. I was just looking for opinions on the how too. The Dude has a huge shop, unisaws, multiple router tables, planers. joiners and everything else wood related. I also make furniture as a hobby.

Part of this project is to build a budget rifle for proof of concept. I just founded and optics startup. My company will soon launch a line of rifle scopes, starting with 3x15x50 first focal plane ed glass scopes with side focus, locking turrets, mil dot ret, mil based turrets etc. The price point will be under $400.00 USD. Any doubters and there will be plenty, will be met with pure performance proof. Nothing but the best components in these things. So, I understand Boyd's business model. I do something similar.

So, I am taking a model 11, put on a bull barrel from a friendly customer barrel maker and going Boyd's. We will take it out as far as she can go and show groups, as evidence. Then we will put it up against a high end production rifle. That's the next thread for the Dude. Please note, that I am not advertising.

Anyway. guys thanks for all the awesome input. This is a really cool spot!

Fox, you can call me Dude, El Duderino, Dudemaster, His Dudeness, Dude, just don't call me Mil, lol.

The Dude Abides.