The rifle basix trigger is more adjustable than stock. The gritty feeling you'regetting could be due to the sear engagement or you just might need to clean it. Ronson or zippo lighter fluid will do the trick. Give that a go and see how it feels when you're done. I'd disassemble the trigger just to make sure the sand/dirt that's in there wont have a problem falling out.

I'm going to say your sore jaw is due to a poor cheek weld because your current rings are so high. The gamereaper will help that. Maybe a mildly padded stock pack will help as well.

If you change stocks you could get a heavier one to help absorb the recoil. And with that, as most aftermarket stocks have a generous barrel channel, you would be set to go if you decided on a heavier contour barrel down the road. I know gunshack.com has e.r. shaw varmint contour 30-06 barrels for $199. It's not a top of the line custom barrel but I'm sure it'll suit hunting just fine. A heavier barrel and stock will definitely cut down on felt recoil. But it is more weight to carry .