Hey All -

I am working on a build, and was hoping to get input if anyone has encountered the same situation.

I have a 1" bull barrel on order for an Axis action. Rather than waiting on MDT to release the HS3 chassis for the Axis (it has been listed as "coming soon" for 6 months now and when I contacted them they said they had no date set yet, but were hoping for "fall of 2015"), I may just order the Pro Varmint stock from Boyds.

My question is this: Is there enough meat on the forend of the Pro Varmint to remove material to fit a 1" bull barrel and still have a stiff forend? It appears that the Pro Varmint is the thickest forend that Boyds offers, so I figured if there was a stock they make to do it with, the Pro Varmint would be it.

I have 3 Boyds stocks, but none are the Pro Varmint model, so I can not see for myself. I am hoping someone has experience doing this and can lend some guidance.

If it works, I will just order it and see how it does, and if need be, order the HS3 from MDT at a later time once it is available and the kinks are worked out if The Pro Varmint does not work. I like the Boyds stocks I have, and if all I have to do is remove material and pillar bed it, I will just order it.

Thanks.