Quote Originally Posted by Biggred191 View Post
My Boyds stock showed up an hour ago, so I dropped everything and installed it lol. Everything fit, action slid right in along with the bottom "metal" and trigger guard. The barrel seems to be free floated (I slid a peice of paper between it and the channel). I dont have any experience with stocks or much modifications for that matter so is there anything I should be looking for to confirm proper fitment. Everything seems to and I really like the feel and the pepper finish on this prairie hunter stock. I am quite pleased.

Thanks for your time folks.
What was your model? did you use the true metal "bottom metal" or a composite (hard plastic) "frame"? did you use your original action screw and no length adjustment on the screws?

Reason asking: I followed others chortling explanations re: a Boyd's product, used the composite and original screws/spacers; model 11 TH XP and straight install; locked up the action; minimal screw torgue. Shimmed the composite bottom metal and stock cracked down the middle at the rear action screw.

Boyd's will not return my calls for an RMA nor will they answer emails.