Thread: Redfield Scopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Still quite new to shooting centerfire and using a scope. Pretty much a pistol and shotgun guy until a couple of years ago when I saw a Yugo M48 8mm Mauser in a pawn shop. First round down the pipe and I was hooked. Then came a classic '70s vintage Savage 111 "Chieftain" 30-06 that really needed some love. It shoots better than I can, but the old eyballs aren't what they used to be, so it was time for a scope. Picked up a Tasco/Bushnell 4-16x40 to learn with and in retrospect, for the price, it is fairly clear and has stood up to the 30-06 quite well. Now for the 116... All of my shooting is 100 yds at the local range so far, so I am really looking to find a decent $250-$300 scope that I can improve my skills with. Seems like every maker has their own idea about reticles. Mil-dot with MOA turrets, No-dots, little red dot that lights up, little triangles, and so on. Finding a Mil-Mil or a MOA-MOA, isn't easy these days. Simple is good.

Basic Member
    Living where you do, and with the type shooting you do, about any decent scope will work.
    Buying one like a Redfield with dialing ability could be a plus and would allow for your experimenting.
    Dont be concerned about the dial matching the reticle at this point. For the most part its mind over matter.