Thread: What did I buy M 10PT - SR 308 Win

Basic Member

What did I buy M 10PT - SR 308 Win

I am a pisto; and shotgun guy and pretty new to bench rest shooting. Shoot I am really getting to long gun and learning them.

I picked up this savage to compare against my Remy 700 AAC-SD in 308. This 10 is not listed on the Savage web site. I was told it is a 1:10 twist 5R 20 inch threaded barrel short action. Gun came with a flat 0MOA base as well. I was told it was an Academy special order. 499.00 LE special. Good action and barrel but cheap Tupperware stock.

I mounted a Vortex HS T 4X14 70 MOA scope and sighted it in at 100 yards. Shoots 1 MOA when (IF) I do my part. I plan on a new stock but not sure if a B&C stock is good for a savage or not??
    Can any one here verify the gun and let me know if this is correct.

The B&C stock will be fine or check stockysstocks.com and they have HS Precision along with the Bobby Hart wood stocks with an aluminum bedding block in them.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Thanks for the link. Can someone here verify this model and if it is indeed a 5R 1:10 twist rate and what the size of the treaded barrel is. Like I said savage site does not list this rifle.

Look at the stamp on the barrel, or get out your cleaning rod and check.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan79423 View Post
    I am a pisto; and shotgun guy and pretty new to bench rest shooting. Shoot I am really getting to long gun and learning them.

I picked up this savage to compare against my Remy 700 AAC-SD in 308. This 10 is not listed on the Savage web site. I was told it is a 1:10 twist 5R 20 inch threaded barrel short action. Gun came with a flat 0MOA base as well. I was told it was an Academy special order. 499.00 LE special. Good action and barrel but cheap Tupperware stock.

I mounted a Vortex HS T 4X14 70 MOA scope and sighted it in at 100 yards. Shoots 1 MOA when (IF) I do my part. I plan on a new stock but not sure if a B&C stock is good for a savage or not??
    Can any one here verify the gun and let me know if this is correct.
    Are you sure its a 10PT-SR and not 10P-SR? I have a 10P-SR with 5R rifling 1:10 twist threaded heavy barrel.

Basic Member
    I just rechecked the label on the box. It is a M 10PT-SR. I can not find it listed anywhere. It was a special for Academy. Anyway I want to get a "real stock" and not sure what the size of the action screws and which HS stock I need to order.

Read the FAQ section at the top of this page.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

4beark9
    I gat the B&C M40 from Stockys and relieved the rear tang area of the stock so I can slide a piece of paper in between the stock and rear tang, torqued to 50 Ilbs. it turned a 3" rife into a 3/8" rifle. I also have a Timney trigger in it. **** rifle out shoots my $7,000 custom 308. Rifle and loves 168 & 185 VLD's