Thread: 10-FCP feed issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JWPNW
    I just spoke with the guy at Accurate-Mag. He's not sure that his DBM's will even fit my rifle. Said he hasn't had one of these newer style FCP's to fit, so were shooting in the dark here. He asked about where my mag release is. Told him. He said that is a proprietary mag that Savage came out with.
    I also just got off the phone with Savage CS. They are sending me a call tag to send in the rifle for service. We will see where it goes from here. I'm willing to give them the chance, and hopefully it's something they can easily deal with.
    I didn't mention i did buy a Dark Eagle Mag (10 rnd) and the problem exist with that one as well so I'm not fully convinced it's in the mags, but not ruling it out either. Dark eagle uses the savage top metal and puts their own extended bottom, follower etc. to make the 10 round. Savage only offers the 4 round flush.
    Im curious if you have the same configuration as mine, or if your's is the older style before the proprietary mags?

greyghost
    I don't think a dark eagle will work until you change bottom metal, Then supposedly dark eagle, aics, accurate mag, Ruger scout rifle, And P-mag aics mags will work or so I am told, Hope this helps