Hello... This is Lee Davis, the fellow that Jim mentioned. I manufacture Carving Duplicators, but I have been carving my own stocks and forearms for the 6 Savage 99's that I currently have (Jim... I haven't forgotten about your forearm, just haven't set up that particular piece yet.). I did work up a set of very detailed instructions for my customers, and would be happy to email it in the form of a PDF file. It describes how to carve both a butt stock and forearm for a Savage 99 or 1899, but is applicable to pretty much any shotgun or rifle stock. The part that has people scratching their heads is how to carve a stock that has a perfect fit, especially with the receiver bolt alignment. This set shows exactly how to do it, and has lots of photos. Like I said, it is free and I will send you a set, and to anyone that wants it, if you send me your email address. Interestingly, I too have an 1899 22HP Takedown, and have carved a new stock/forearm pair for it... maybe I can help. I am not really in the business of stock carving, but I would be happy to help. Lee