Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between 12FV and 12 FCV?

Basic Member

Difference between 12FV and 12 FCV?

I can't find a model 12 FV on the Savage website, but I see Cabela's is advertising the model 12FV for $379.00 for Fathers Day. They both appear to be synthetic stock, center feed, heavy barrel, with accutrigger. Does one have the Accustock and the other not? Or is the FV a model specific to Cabelas?

Thinking of one for my son.

The FCV has a detachable magazine whereas the FV has a blind magazine. Savage discontinued the 12 FV in favor of the FCV a year or two ago, so the FV is likely a special order for Cabelas and as such who knows what the spec's are as far as the stock and other accompaniments go.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

BowNut
    I bought a 12 FV 22-250 through LGS. Blind mag, not the accu stock! Stock was POS. Warped. Action was exceptionally smooth machinework. fired thre shots for fouling/sighting, next four were .340 ragged hole.

Basic Member
    I just picked up one of the Cabela's model 12FV's. It has a wide, flat fore arm. Accutrigger, round back, center feed, slotted barrel nut, large bolt handle, steal trigger guard and top bolt release. It's an awesome deal. Better yet, there is a $100 rebate on them thru the end of June. If you can find one, get it! I think they were all sold, nationwide, this last Thursday, the day they went on sale.

It's not an Accustock, but for $279.99 who gives a dang?!

Basic Member
    foxx, i don't see the FV on their rebate list, you sure the rebate is good on this model? even at $379 that's not a bad price. i'm looking at the .204 as i don't have one yet.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    Yes. The form says ANY model 12... the list on the website is just a list of links to their various model 12's, but does not include all 12's. I tried entering the code on the online form and it said it does not qualify... I then called the rebate center, they said the same thing... I said, "The form says ANY model 12", so they agreed to check with the factory and then they called me back saying it DOES qualify, I can go ahead and send it in, but not to pre-register with the form online. Just do it manually.

Basic Member
    great! i feel a .204 is in my immediate future, better get to Cabelas soon! thanks foxx!

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    So the 22.250, 204 and the 223 all have the same boltface? Then the 308 boltface is bigger?

Also, can anybody tell me what the action screw spacing is on these short actions? Is it 4.4" spacing?

The 22/250 has the same boltface as the 308,243,30/06, etc.....

More information can be found here:
    http://www.savageshooters.com/PDF_Files/WhatFits.pdf
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    I got the last Model 12 FV in 223 that the local Cabela's had today. Good thing they were having a slow weekend due to the new Bass Pro opening up, or I'd have missed this one.

Foxx, is the link to that rebate page on the Savage website, or is it a Cabela's rebate?

Now for a new stock from E.A. Brown (comes with pillars installed) and some glass.

Basic Member
    here is the link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles...upon_web_f.pdf

there is a place you can "pre-qualify" the UPC code and kind of get into the system before mailing off your forms. You can try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't accept your UPC code, and don't get discouraged, either. You might call the customer service number and talk to them about it, but be sure to not let them say it doesn't qualify, because it DOES.

Basic Member
    Perfect! Thanks for the kind help, Foxx. I"ll mail it off tomorrow and use the money for a new stock.

Basic Member
    NOTE: I've posted the below as a new thread.

During the initial clean up I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of rust looking gook in the chamber. I chamber brushed it a little, cleaned and re-examined but it still didn't look near as good as my BVSS chamber. The first half to three quarters inch look pretty rough.

I chambered several unfired Hornaday brass and each time the bolt was stiff in closing as well as opening. The brass came out with half a dozen deep scratches/gouges that also left brass streaks imbedded in the chamber in several places. The gouges in the brass were deep enough to easily catch my fingernail making it questionable for safely reloading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Last edited by Texas10; 06-15-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    here is the link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles...upon_web_f.pdf

there is a place you can "pre-qualify" the UPC code and kind of get into the system before mailing off your forms. You can try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't accept your UPC code, and don't get discouraged, either. You might call the customer service number and talk to them about it, but be sure to not let them say it doesn't qualify, because it DOES.
    I just called the customer service number and was told by them that the 12FV I bought at Cabela's yesterday didn't qualify. They told me it wasn't on the list of covered model 12's.

Basic Member
    It does. Have them call the factory. THe brochure and card says "Buy ANY model 12". I've already been down that path with them. They called me back after confirming with the factory and was assured that I was right. ANY model 12.

Basic Member
    Do you have the name of the person you talked to?

Basic Member
    Lisa. I still have the voicemail message that she left me on my phone.

BTW, what Cabelas did you get that from? Saginaw and Dundee told me they were out of them.

Basic Member
    Grandville. I got both a 204 and a 223

Basic Member
    Cool. THey told me the closest place that had any was KC, MO

Basic Member
    Just called back and talked to Tammy. She said that it wasn't eligible. I told her that Lisa had verified with Savage and it was in fact eligible. Lisa was out of the office but she was going to check with her tomorrow to verify. Tammy seems to be under the impression that Lisa mad an exception for you.

Basic Member
    THat does not make sense. I bought 3 of those expecting rebates from all of them. The card and brochure is so clear. "ANY model 12." Also, the words on her message to me was "...there was a mistake made, that is a valid gun so it's gonna take a while for them to get that all updated on the website so if you just wanna manually mail everything in that'll go quicker..."

gotcha
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    NOTE: I've posted the below as a new thread.

During the initial clean up I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of rust looking gook in the chamber. I chamber brushed it a little, cleaned and re-examined but it still didn't look near as good as my BVSS chamber. The first half to three quarters inch look pretty rough.

I chambered several unfired Hornaday brass and each time the bolt was stiff in closing as well as opening. The brass came out with half a dozen deep scratches/gouges that also left brass streaks imbedded in the chamber in several places. The gouges in the brass were deep enough to easily catch my fingernail making it questionable for safely reloading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Now you know why it was the last one left in stock. Take it back to Store and ask for money back or contact Salvage and go through the factory return hassle.

Basic Member
    Tex, I have no idea what would cause what you describe. I'd say contact Savage. They stand behind their products. They price you paid for it makes it worth taking the time to allow them to make repairs under warranty or replace, as far as I am concerned.

Basic Member
    I've made arrangements to return it to Savage for warranty work. It'll take a while, i'm sure, but like you say, it's worth getting it fixed right and under warranty.

Basic Member
    I drove to Cabelas today to get this rifle and got a notice on quarterbore's post while on the way.. I'm going to call tomorrow and use the ole "Buy any Model 12" line and make sure they are going to honor this before I get this rifle.. I need that $100 to buy a stock for this thing cause the one on it has got to go... LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast