Thread: Talley Lightweight Base/Rings on 110 LA-Question

jfksc

Talley Lightweight Base/Rings on 110 LA-Question

I have a newer savage 110 XP (round receiver) with a Leupold VX2 3x9x40 scope on it. The scope is currentl mounted in Burris signature rings on weaver bases, but I was thinking about switching to Talley's. Deliberating between ordering the standard Talley's and the extended version. The Leupold has 5.6" of mountable tube and I'd like to avoid the bases hanging over the breech, which is what the current stock weaver bases do. I mount my scopes as far forward as they'll go.

Not interested in rails or large one piece mounts...really only interested in switching to Talley's but want to make sure they work first. If Talleys don't work Ill leave it like it is.

Does anyone have any experience with Talley's on a newer savage long action? Any input is appreciated

Thanks.

I have the extended talleys on a Savage 116, the scope is a Bushnell 4200 3-9x40. I'm glad I got the extended ones and even wish they allowed the scope to come back just a touch further. I post a link to the thread I have pictures of it in.

jfksc
    Thank you very much.

jfksc
    Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    I have the extended talleys on a Savage 116, the scope is a Bushnell 4200 3-9x40. I'm glad I got the extended ones and even wish they allowed the scope to come back just a touch further. I post a link to the thread I have pictures of it in.
    Also, do you remember what height you used.....low or medium? If low, any issues with bolt clearance? Mine is a hunting rifle so I want unobstructed bolt operation for follow ups. Thanks again.

Go mediums. With the lows they told me the front bell of the scope would contact the front base. No issues on bolt clearance.

Mediums will be half inch clearance between bottom of scope & receiver. The base length is same as non extended, the ring is on end of base on extended, in the middle on non extended.