Thread: New guy from CA.

Cmunoz

New guy from CA.

Hi peeps. New guy from California. Got into shooting May of 2014 got hooked deep that i learned to reload a month later. My first Savage is a Savage 10 FP SR in .223 now looking into getting my first Long Range Shooter possibly and LRP 6.5 CM.

Carlo

BarrelNuts
    Welcome to the board; You'd be surprised at the long range capability of the .223 you have; saw a video from Long Range Shooters of Utah where a guy with a bone stock Tika .223 nailed a milk jug at 1k with the first shot from a cold bore. In any event good luck with reaching out longer; what ranges are you currently shooting at?

Cmunoz
    I saw that video too so funny they were so surprised about it too. I shoot at Angeles Shooting Range max of 600yrds and will be going to another range that has 1000 to over 1000 yrd range.

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

BarrelNuts
    Yeah when I first watched it I was backing it up and replaying it a few times lol. I used to do service rifle competition with an Armalite National Match AR-15 with very few modifications allowed... just added a geissle trigger, counterweight in the stock, and a rrrrrrrrrrreally small front sight post and rear sight aperture. Shot 5.56 out to 600 with nothing but a sling for support from various positions... I wasn't all that good at it but the guys who were serious competitors were hitting X's all day; of course they were using heavy-for-caliber bullets handloaded to pretty exacting standards but the 5.56 does fine at those ranges.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.